Local Resources for Autism & Other Special Needs Parents - San Diego
- AEFCT Expeditions: Specialists who provide young adults on the spectrum ages 18-30 with travel opportunities.
- Autism Society of San Diego: A voice and resource for the local Autism community.
- Autism Tree Project Foundation: Family support, recreational activities, and more since 2003.
- Dance Me Fit: Adaptive fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
- Family Guidance and Therapy Center: Local center offering counseling for those impacted by Autism.
- Najja's House of Musical Expression: Adaptive music lessons for children of all ages and ability levels.
- National Foundation for Autism Research: A 501(c)3 helping in the development and expansion of ASD programs.
- Ocean Beach Family Chiropractic: Providing pediatric care, with a background in ADHD and Autism.
- RL Therapy Group: Providing children birth-5 years with speech, occupational, and physical therapy.
- See Beneath, Inc.: Early developmental tools for children with Autism.
- Talk About Curing Autism (TACA): A 501(c)3 dedicated to educating, empowering, and supporting ASD families.
National Supports for Autism
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA): Helping understand communication disorders.
- Autism Speaks: An Autism advocacy group that sponsors research and outreach activities.
- Paws with a Cause: PAWS provides service dogs for individuals with special needs.
- Social Thinking®: A collection of concepts, materials, and workshops to assist with social language challenges.
- Tuck.com: Helpful information regarding Autism and sleep issues.
- Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities: Find psychologists, health care providers, academic therapists, etc. for children with disabilities on the Yellow Pages for Kids for your state. You will also find special education schools, learning centers, treatment programs, parent groups, community centers, and government programs for children with disabilities.
- How to setup a playroom for children with ASD